A rewarding opportunity awaits the right candidate to join a highly-respected and prestigious home décor / interior design firm. Do you enjoy designing for a combination of architectural, construction and interior design industry?
Looking for a reliable, motivated and creative designer/sales consultant for our Chicago based showrooms selling Italian home remodeling products to general public as well as builders and developers (W. Belmont Ave. – Lakeview)
Euroluxe Interiors (www.euroluxeinteriors.com) is an established business, continuously growing and evolving with emphasis in selling modern cabinetry, interior doors, bathroom vanities and transformable furniture. All products are “special order” and made by various Italian manufacturers based on specific customer requirements. We provide our own design, space panning, floor plans and renderings at no charge to our buying customers and in some cases, manage installations, minor build-outs and procurement of supplemental products such as countertops, appliances and plumbing fixtures.
While our primary focus is on contemporary European kitchen cabinets and vanity sets, we have a great selection of virtually all home furnishings and other remodeling products, such as closet systems (walk-in and wardrobes), beds and bedroom furniture, living and dining room furniture and home décor. In early 2014 we’ve created Tangible Interiors with it’s own showroom and online presence (www.tangibleinteriors.com) to farther promote products described above.
You will be expected to provide creative and technical support participating in the interviewing, measurement and preparation of plans ranging from conceptual drawings to very accurate, detailed computer generated design and cabinet layout specifications for sales presentations and quotations, order compilation, and installation activities of kitchen/bath cabinetry and other products in client homes.
The position is a full-time (or part-time) in an environment that requires multi-tasking, organizational and exceptional sales skills as well as an interest in helping people figure out how to decorate their homes, while incorporating elements offered by both companies and propose creative and economical solutions that will please their judgment of your interior design skills while maximizing company profit. Taking full responsibility for each project/client and carrying it from the point of initial customer showroom visit to final product delivery is essential and may take anywhere from 3 month – 1 year to complete and will involve:
– Meeting with clients to gather project requirements, establish project time line, and develop project budget.
– Develop creative design concepts and space plans that fulfill client requirements.
– Gather field dimensions of project area and prepares accurate base drawings as needed.
– Generate kitchen plans with intelligent graphics on AutoCAD and/or other software including 3D’s and elevations as required.
– Compile accurate order specifications for vendor order placement and review order confirmation for precise accuracy.
– Develop color schemes with material and finish selections within schedule and budget requirements.
– Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Euroluxe’s vendor’s material and product selection.
– Prepare installation plans as requested.
– Coordinating scheduling & logistics pertaining to delivery of goods & materials from warehousing to delivery and installation.
– Responding to client inquiries and providing exceptional customer service on every stage of project development.
In addition to performing everyday operations as described above, you will be expected to spend some time on a regular basis promoting the company via various Social Media channels, reaching out to professional clients (Interiors Designers, Architects, Builders, etc.) and following up on contacts made.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Proficiency with current AutoCAD (or other program of your choice that will achieve similar presentation results), working knowledge of PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, with good keyboarding skills.
• Ability to interpret communicated customer needs and project requirements into competent design solutions.
• Strong oral, presentation, written, listening, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with people, action-oriented, and not intimidated by deadlines, emotional clients, vendors or customers.
• Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
While we prefer a candidate with some related experience, we will consider a recent college graduate in related fields with the right mix of academically acquired skills and strong desire to learn. Sales experience in related industry is a plus; Interior Design experience is a plus but not a requirement. Design/Build experience managing small to mid-size home remodeling projects is a BIG PLUS. Some experience in online marketing is a plus.
We are a small family owned business with the owner involved in everyday business activity. The right person will receive extensive training on all current products and services and expected to eventually work semi-autonomously building a portfolio of finished projects and satisfied customers to generate future referrals and free the owner and project manager/senior design consultant to expend business into other related areas.
The ideal compensation structure will include a base salary and commissions with later expected to become the main compensation component. It is important to note that we are not looking for an overly aggressive salesperson for whom closing a sale is the most important goal! We strongly believe that a satisfied customer is as (if not more!) important then a profit margin or commission check.
If you have a flair for design, the drive to succeed and a desire to provide excellent customer service then we want to talk to you!
Please send your resumes via email and a brief description of your motivations, skills and why the company should choose you.